Typically associated with negative connotations, “In the Dog House,” is our team’s Q&A spotlight series designed for you to learn more about our crew. Each month we’ll throw one lucky team member into the “Dog House” and ask them to answer a handful of questions (in return for praise and treats of course!).
In the dog house this month is team member, Caitlin M.F. Hornshaw!
Fresh from CatConLA our Director of Client Services, Caitlin, is not only an awards competition genius but also an amazing staff writer. Over the years you may know her from calling in questions about your PromaxBDA entry or perhaps from reading her informative yet creative Brave Dog blog, ‘Caitlin’s Corner’. Little secret about Caitlin- scrunchies, mixed tapes, and parachute pants, yup, she’s got it all! She is avidly collecting 80’s and 90’s pop culture pins for one gnarly denim vest!
Q: What’s your favorite website?
A: Instagram! I guess it’s not really a website, so much as it is a social network, but I do spend a lot of time exploring on there. ?
Q: Tell me about the most exciting project that you worked on (at BD or
A: It’s more of a recurring project: I really love going to San Diego Comic-Con every year and documenting the fun things that our clients have been working on. There’s so much creativity at Comic-Con, even from the attendees. It’s not only inspiring, and gives me a fresh perspective on the level of creative that’s out there, but it provides a special insight when it comes time for me to write about those experiences.
Q: What do you do in your spare time?
- I swim for the Masters Swim Team at the Pasadena Rose Bowl, training at the pool four to five nights a week.
- Reading scary stories.
- I love to learn about new recipes and cook yummy meals.
- My family is important to me, so I like spending time with my husband Phil and our two kitties, Kiwi and Xander.
- I like to collect enamel pins and put them on my denim vest. As of this moment, (I just got one more this morning) I have a total of 45. My collection will only continue to grow!
- I’m a writer for my job, but I also enjoy writing creatively on my own time.
Q: If you could have a mediocre superpower, what would it be?
A: I have Celiac Disease, so I would want me mediocre superpower to be able to eat bread without negative consequences.
Have a bone to pick with Caitlin? She’ll be in the Dog House for quite some time – contact her @ email@example.com.