Take note, Promaxers! There have been some changes to the category list.
By now, some of you have already begun selecting entry categories for your creative for the PromaxBDA Promotion, Marketing and Design North America Awards. Before you get too deep into it, we want to make you aware of a few changes to the category list. These are little tweaks that might derail you down the line if you don’t make note of them now.
Remember those Art Direction and Design category duplicates we posted about last week? If you don’t recall, they were these:
- The definition for AD 05: Internal Marketing Presentation and AD 12: Internal Marketing Presentation are identical.
- The definitions for AD 06: Program Promotional Spot and AD 13: Program Promotional Spot are identical.
- The definitions for AD 07: Program Promotional Campaign and AD 14: Program Promotional Campaign are identical.
This week, Promax went ahead and removed the duplicates from the list altogether. “AD 12: Internal Marketing Presentation,” “AD 13: Program Promotional Spot,” and “AD 14: Program Promotional Campaign” That’s changed the numbering of everything that came after those items.
Categories AD 01 through AD 11 remain the exact same as they were before. But the sequence following them is a little different because of the removal of the three duplicate categories. Every category in the Art Direction and Design category, from AD 15 through AD 24, have now been moved up three numbers.
- AD 15: On-Air Illustration is now AD 12.
- AD 16: On-Air Typography is now AD 13.
- AD 24: Channel Image Campaign is now AD 21 — and so on.
This minor change can play havoc with your entries if you don’t notice it and make the appropriate alterations. Make sure you’re working from the new list of categories as you set up your entries, and not using an older version. Entering the wrong category is an easy way to waste an entry that might have otherwise won!
If you need help with your Promax entries (or you’d rather not go to the hassle of things like remembering these category shifts), the Brave Dog award experts are always standing by to help. Contact us!
Good luck to all who enter and keep being creative!